Friday, November 23, 2012

An incredible testimonial

Just received this testimonial to Practically Shameless in an email from a woman I knew in Colorado.

"Just a note to let you know I'm reading your book now. I know, I know, one I should have read long ago but I'm pretty sure it's the kind of book you read when the time's right.

I want you to know that I'm so glad you wrote this! I'm going through a healing journey now (not a fan of that phrase but it's apt, isn't it?). I've been reading Brené Brown's work on shame and took your book off my shelf to read it for more insight on the topic.

It's incredibly profound for me and revealing a lot about what's not working in my life. Your story and experience is so similar to mine it's...I don't know  what, shocking, incredible, amazing...or perhaps we all have a similar inner critic. 

It's very painful but also helpful to understand some of my behaviors and thought patterns. I'm getting a lot of insight to be able to do more work to let go of what's not working and step toward a brighter future. Now I understand the desire to connect accompanied by the desire to isolate.

Thank you for your courage and compassion in telling your story. Seeing how you turned your life around helps us know it's possible for us. I know it's helped a lot of people and I'm glad I'm one of them. 

Grateful for you and proud of your work."

No comments: