Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another bad experience at 2120

Another bad experience at this new apartment.

I don't think I posted about the electrical meltdown that happened 2 nights after I moved in, destroying my TV and a few other items.

When I first got access to the apartment, I found the storage unit for my apartment full of stuff, with a padlock on it. I asked the janitor to remove the padlock and clear the stuff out so that I could put my stuff in there. We assumed it belonged to the prior tenant in my apartment.

He did so, and my mom's stuff is now in there, with my padlock on it.

I just found out that the stuff in that unit belonged to my neighbor upstairs and was worth a considerable amount of money. I asked her why her stuff was in the storage unit for my apartment, and she said there didn't used to be apartment numbers on the storage units, they were only added after Peak Properties took over a few months ago.

I feel horrible. There's no way I could have known the stuff was hers, unless I'd thought to ask the neighbors, but I didn't.

1 comment:

Rosemary Carstens said...

You couldn't possibly have known. It's a shame, but it's between the janitor and your neighbor. It's always difficult, though, when you inadvertently hurt someone else. I'm sorry you had to experience this.