Sunday, May 24, 2009

Moving to Illinois

I'm moving to Illinois in a few weeks, for personal reasons, to be near my daughter and my mother. I've been listening to Puccini's aria "Senza Mamma" (without mother) frequently for weeks.

So much has happened, and there's so much to say, so, according to the immutable laws of irony, this will be brief. I'm moving around June 4th, 5th or 6th. Not sure how yet, my car apparently isn't up to towing a U-Haul trailer, and may not even be up for the trip at all, I'll get that verdict from the mechanic later this week.

If the car isn't up to the trip, I'll either hire professional movers and fly, or rent a large van and drive that instead.

I'm in the process of downsizing my possessions. I'm already a lot leaner possessions-wise than I was when I came to Colorado with a moving van full of stuff. And still I find things in my cupboard that I haven't used in the 3 years I've been here.

No comments: